Community Services Agency


Previous program          Next program

Energy Efficiency (Weatherization)

CSA operates the Weatherization Assistance Program in Washoe County. The purpose of the program is to assist the income-eligible applicant to reduce their utility bills by providing various energy conservation measures. Assistance is provided free of charge.

Apply for Weatherization

If you live in Washoe County and own or rent a single family home, townhouse, condominium or trailor you can start the process by filling-out the one-page application for the CSA Weatherization Program:

Nevada Housing Division Weatherization Assistance Program Application

After completing the application, you have four (4) options:

  1. Print, fill-out, scan and then attach scanned application to an email and send to:
  2. Print, fill-out and then mail to CSA:

  3.                               Community Services Agency
                                  c/o Weatherization Department
                                  1090 E. 8th Street
                                  Reno, Nevada 89512

  4. Print and drop off at the address above
  5. Print and FAX to 775-786-5743

Additional Documents and Information

After receiving the initial one-page application, additional documents will be necessary in order to complete the Weatherization application process. This includes:

  • Personal Identification
  • Completed CSA Application
  • Signed Notice of Rights and Obligations
  • Completed Race and Ethnicity Data Reporting Form
  • A copy of documents verifying earned income over the past thirty (30) days, at a minimum (examples - pay stubs, bank statements indicating direct deposits from wages, money, commissions, tips and salaries before any deductions)
  • A copy of an award letter or three (3) months of bank statements, indicating the deposits (example - Social Security, SSI, Veteran Benefits, pensions, disability income, military income, unemployment benefits, interest income, dividends, regular insurance or annuity payments)
  • Copy of your power bill and/or gas bill (both if applicable)
  • For homeowners, a copy of your deed or tax bill showing ownership
  • For renters, Weatherization Service Agreement and Owner's Investment Form signed by you landlord

For information on this program, contact CSA at (775) 786-6023 (and ask for Weatherization)

Weatherization Contractor Quotation Solicitation SFY 2019-20

Home Energy Audit Information